Brakes is one of the most important features on a vehicle
Most would agree that brakes are the most important feature of your car—but do you know how to detect when there’s a problem with your brakes, or how to do a maintenance check on your brake system?Great Deals
- Tyre & Tube Hyper Services
What Does a Brake Service Include?
During a Brake-service, Tyre & Tube Hyper will:
- Check your brake system, disc consist of five things:
- Brake discs (or rotors)
- Brake pads
- Brake lines
- Brake master cylinder
Perform a courtesy inspection, where the automotive technician will:
- Check for irregular tyre wear
- Check your vehicle suspension
- Lubricate chassis as necessary
- Inspect belts, hoses, steering, suspension, hub, bearing, skid plates and undercarriage and then we will even check your car battery.
Signs and Symptoms Your Vehicle Brakes
- 1. Unusual Noises
If you hear your brakes squeal or make a grinding noise when you use them, it’s a sign that they may need adjustment or replacement. Grinding noises are particularly serious, as they indicate that your brake pads are worn may need to be replaced.
- 2. Brake Warning Lights
If the brake or Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) warning light on your dashboard lights up, it means you’re running on low brake fluid. —usually low fluid means that there’s a leak somewhere in your brake lines .
- 3. Pulling
If your car pulls to one side when you apply the brakes, it could mean your brakes need to be checked there is a possible brake fluid leakage, or your brakes are worn out and need to be replaced.
- 4. Pedal Problems
If your brake pedal feels “spongy” or hard to press down, it usually means that air has gotten into the brake lines. You may also be having an issue with low brake fluid. Be sure to check your master cylinder and your brake lines.
- 5. Bad Vibrations
If your steering wheel, brake pedal or entire car shakes or vibrates when you apply the brakes, your brake rotors may be warped and need replacement.
- Your brakes must be checked periodically.
- Changed at proper interval
- Correct weight and type of vehicle, such as Dexos for GM vehicle
- Correct filter
- Use semi or full synthetic oil such as BMW
Also, you might be interested in: