Oil Change – Protect the life of your car
One of the few maintenance items that automobile manufacturers have not found a way to eliminate. Regular oil changes are the best way to ensure longer engine life.
If you frequently take short trips where the car doesn't always completely warm up, then oil changes are even more important because acid and moisture buildup does not have a chance to burn off. Some new engines normally run very hot and are very hard on oil.
Even missing a single oil change on these cars can cause an engine to develop sludge which can cause engine damage in a carGreat Deals
- Tyre & Tube Hyper Services
What Does a Full-Service Oil Change Include?
During a full-service oil change, Vereeniging Tyres will:
- Change your vehicle's motor oil using full synthetic oil, synthetic blend, or high mileage motor oil, depending on your vehicle
- Replace and recycle your cars used oil and oil filter
- When an oil change service is referred to as an "Oil, Lube & Filter," the"lube" is a chassis lubrication where the mechanic applies grease to various steering and suspension joints under the car. Most modern cars are manufactured with sealed-for-life joints that do not have grease fittings; however if any of these parts were replaced, the new parts probably do have lubrication points and must be greased to prevent premature wear. If you have had parts replaced, make sure that the mechanic know sit or he may overlook them.
- Doing an oil change yourself does not require much skill, but crawling under a car and having oil drip down your sleeve is hardly worth the R200 or so that you might save. Then,you have to deal with the old oil and filter. I could think of a more productive way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
Perform a courtesy inspection, where the automotive technician will:
- Top off fluids (including window washer fluid and engine coolant)
- Check vehicle lights (including signals and brake lights)
- Lubricate chassis as necessary
- Inspect belts, hoses, steering, suspension, skid plates and undercarriage
- Check windshield wipers
- Check car battery
- Visually inspect for vehicle damage
Signs and Symptoms Your Vehicle Oil
- The maintenance reminder light may be on
- May have engine noise if oil is low
- Sticker or vehicle mileage may indicate need of oil change
- Changed regularly and at proper interval,
- without failure.
- Use correct filters
- Use semi or full synthetic oil.